Fire Pull Stations
Fire alarm pull-stations are connected to a building fire protection system that sends a signal to the University Police. Activating a fire pull-station will trigger the evacuation of the building and will send a signal to the University Police Communications Center, eliciting a police and fire department response.
If you discover smoke or a fire in a building:
- Do not panic
- Sound the alarm immediately by pulling any red FIRE pull-station (located near all exits)
- Evacuate to the outside, warning others on the way out
- OPTION: if the fire is in a room or small area, confine it by closing the room doors prior to leaving the building
- Seek out the first arriving emergency personnel (police, fire, medical) and tell them the specific location of the fire
- Once you are out of the building, stay out!
Visit the Fire Safety section of this website for more information.